25 March, 2023
Pork Sisig is a popular Filipino dish that is often served as an appetizer or a main course. This flavorful dish is made from chopped pork that is sautéed with onions, garlic, and other ingredients until it is crispy and golden brown. Pork Sisig is a must-try for anyone looking to experience the bold flavors of Filipino cuisine.
Ingredients by Serving Size
Use the chart below to figure out exactly how much of each ingredient you really need. For example if you are cooking for a family of four, the ingredient portion sizes to look at are under column number 4.
|Ingredient||No. of Servings|
|Pork jowl or pork belly (g)||113||226||339||452||565||678||791||904||1017||1130|
|Onion (pcs)||1/4||1/2||3/4||1||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 3/4||2||2 1/4||2 1/2|
|Mayonnaise (cup)||1/8||1/4||3/8||1/2||5/8||3/4||7/8||1||1 1/8||1 1/4|
|Soy sauce (tbsp)||1/4||1/2||3/4||1||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 3/4||2||2 1/4||2 1/2|
|Calamansi juice or lime juice (tbsp)||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Salt (tsp)||1/8||1/4||3/8||1/2||5/8||3/4||7/8||1||1 1/8||1 1/4|
|Black pepper (tsp)||1/8||1/4||3/8||1/2||5/8||3/4||7/8||1||1 1/8||1 1/4|
|Red chili pepper chopped (pcs)||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Cooking oil (tbsp)||1/4||1/2||3/4||1||1 1/4||1 1/2||1 3/4||2||2 1/4||2 1/2|
Prepare the Ingredients
- Pork jowl or pork belly: Cut the pork into small pieces or cubes, remove any excess fat or skin, and set aside.
- Onion: Peel the onion and chop it into small pieces.
- Garlic: Peel the garlic and chop it finely.
- Mayonnaise: Measure out the amount of mayonnaise needed and set it aside.
- Soy sauce: Measure out the amount of soy sauce needed and set it aside.
- Calamansi juice or lime juice: Squeeze the calamansi or lime juice and measure out the amount needed. If using calamansi, remove any seeds.
- Salt and black pepper: Measure out the amounts of salt and black pepper needed and set them aside.
- Red chili pepper: Wash the chili pepper and remove the stem. Slice the pepper thinly and remove the seeds if you want a milder flavor.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped pork to the pan and continue to sauté until the meat is crispy and golden brown.
- Pour in the soy sauce and calamansi juice or lime juice and continue to stir until the pork is evenly coated.
- Add the chopped chili peppers and season with salt and black pepper.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the mayonnaise until well combined.
- Transfer the Pork Sisig to a sizzling plate and serve immediately.
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time:||45 minutes|
|Total Time:||60 minutes|
Note: The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pork cubes and the desired tenderness of the meat. Additionally, some variations of Pork Adobo may include additional ingredients such as sugar or coconut milk.
Nutrition InformationServing size: 1/1 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories 466 kcal
Calories from Fat 231 kcal
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25.7 g||39%|
|Saturated Fat 7.6 g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g||–|
|Cholesterol 77 mg||26%|
|Sodium 470 mg||20%|
|Total Carbohydrates 4.6 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5 g||2%|
|Sugar 2.5 g||–|
|Protein 48.3 g||97%|
|Vitamin D 0.1 mcg||1%|
|Calcium 32.8 mg||3%|
|Iron 2.1 mg||12%|
|Potassium 816 mg||17%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Note: Nutrition information may vary based on the specific ingredients and measurements used. This information is provided as an estimate only and should not be construed as medical advice or a substitute for professional nutrition advice.