19 March, 2023
Pork Adobo is a popular and flavorful dish that originated in the Philippines. It’s a simple dish that’s easy to prepare and perfect for a family of four. The combination of soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic creates a delicious and savory taste that will surely satisfy your cravings. This recipe uses pork belly or shoulder, cut into cubes, and simmered in soy sauce and vinegar with black peppercorns and bay leaves. The result is a tender and juicy pork dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Serve it with steamed rice to enjoy the authentic taste of Pork Adobo in the comfort of your own home.
- 2 lbs pork belly or shoulder, cut into cubes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
How to Prepare the Ingredients
- Cut the pork belly or shoulder into cubes.
- Mince the head of garlic.
- Measure out 1 cup of soy sauce, vinegar, and water.
- Crush the black peppercorns.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, combine the pork, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, black peppercorns, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and let it simmer for 45 minutes to an hour or until the pork is tender.
- Once the pork is tender, remove it from the pot and set it aside.
- Increase the heat to high and let the sauce reduce until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Return the pork to the pot and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time:||1 hour|
|Total Time:||1 hour and 15 minutes|
Note: The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pork cubes and the desired tenderness of the meat. Additionally, some variations of Pork Adobo may include additional ingredients such as sugar or coconut milk.
Nutrition InformationServing size: 1/4th of recipe (approximately 402g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 515 kcal
Calories from Fat 247 kcal
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27.4 g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 18.7 g||94%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g||–|
|Cholesterol 96.3 mg||32%|
|Sodium 652.5 mg||27%|
|Total Carbohydrates 38.6 g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9 g||16%|
|Sugar 20.4 g||–|
|Protein 34.3 g||69%|
|Vitamin D 0.6 mcg||3%|
|Calcium 96.4 mg||10%|
|Iron 3.9 mg||22%|
|Potassium 1079.9 mg||23%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Note: Nutrition information may vary based on the specific ingredients and measurements used. This information is provided as an estimate only and should not be construed as medical advice or a substitute for professional nutrition advice.