- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 100 g ground beef
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- 1 kg spaghetti sauce
- 500 g spaghetti noodles
2-in-1 On-the-go Checklist
- Cook Time
Cooking the Spaghetti
- Put the spaghetti noodles into cooking pan half filled with water.
- Bring to boil with occassional stirring. May take 15 to 20 minutes to cook the spaghetti.
- As soon as the spaghetti has cooked, use a strainer to transfer the cooked spaghetti onto a serving bowl.
Cooking the Spaghetti Sauce
- Sauté garlic and onions in preheated frying pan with cooking oil.
- Add the ground beef. Evenly brown the ground beef for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Mix ingredients in frying pan. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the hotdogs. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce. Stir and bring to boil. May take 10 minutes. Stir occassionally.
- As soon as it boils, turn down heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes with occassional stirring.
- Remove from heat and transfer onto serving bowl.
- Total Time
- Servings Per Recipe 1862g (5 servings)
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1/5 of recipe (372g)
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 395 Calories from Fat 108
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 12g 18%
- Saturated Fat 2g 10%
- Cholesterol 31mg 10%
- Sodium 1487mg 61%
- Total Carbohydrate 53g 17%
- Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
- Sugars 11g 36%
- Protein 17g
- Vitamin A 24%
- Vitamin B6 0%
- Vitamin C 10%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 16%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Buying a meaty spaghetti sauce pack and pouring it directly on cooked spaghetti noodles doesn't give you the same satisfying goodness. I've tried it twice due to laziness and I tell you it doesn't work. Well, my kids liked it but I didn't enjoy it as much as they say they did.
Do not put oil in the water when boiling the spaghetti noodles. If you do that, oil will coat the spaghetti noodles causing it to not absorb well the spaghetti sauce that your guests will be pouring on it. While you are cooking the spaghetti, simply stir occassionally to prevent the spaghetti strands from sticking.
The best time you can get your spaghetti noodles to taste more appetizing is when you are boiling it. So instead of pouring oil, the rule of thumb is, dissolve just enough salt to make the water taste like the sea before putting the spaghetti. This will increase the overall yumminess of your spaghetti recipe that your family will surely love. You can thank me later.
I hope you and your family enjoy your Filipino Style Spaghetti recipe!