- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp calamansi, raw juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 kg beef, sirloin
Beef Steak Recipe
Less Salty, Less Oily Version of The Traditional Filipino Beef Steak Recipe
2-in-1 On-the-go Checklist
- Cook Time
Beef Steak Recipe
Marinade Sauce in 2 Minutes
- After you cleaned the beef, put it in a bowl.
- Mix soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, and black pepper with the beef
- Marinade for at least 1 hour. Hint: You can do other things you need to do and just go back to cooking after an hour or so.
Cook in 47 Minutes
- Add the onions into pre-heated cooking pot with cooking oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until rings separate naturally.
- Remove the onions and set aside.
- Put the beef on a strainer, wait a few seconds to let the marinade sauce drain back into marinading bowl to set aside.
- Sauté beef in garlic for 10 minutes or until beef is evenly browned.
- Now, add the marinade sauce you've set aside from procedure #3.
- Mix all ingredients in cooking pot, put the lid on, and let it boil. (It should boil within 5 minutes since you only used enough soy sauce to marinade the beef and did not add water.)
- As soon as it boils, lower the heat to simmer for 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Once beef is tender, you can trun off the heat and serve your Beef Steak while hot with rice. I hope you enjoy it!
- Total Time
- Servings Per Recipe 691g (3 servings)
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1/3 of recipe (230g)
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 518 Calories from Fat 270
- % Daily Value*
- Total Fat 30g 46%
- Saturated Fat 9g 45%
- Cholesterol 113mg 37%
- Sodium 401mg 16%
- Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 2g 6%
- Protein 51g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin B6 0%
- Vitamin C 10%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 33%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.